- Perform project feasibility analysis and underwriting on land acquisitions
- Manage development projects through all phases including design development, construction and delivery
- Review architectural drawing and assist in preparing suite layouts
- Request, review and analyze consultant proposals
- Hire and oversee the consultant team
- Develop, manage and monitor the development schedules and budgets including cash flow forecasts, variance analysis, etc.
- Manage the land development application process including zoning/re-zoning, Zoning By-Law Amendments, Plan of Subdivisions, Site Plan Approval, Official Plan Amendments, Building Permit applications, Registration, etc.
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Finance and Construction to execute on projects from inception to completion
- Keep current with political, regulatory and market trends in order to keep the company informed of changes within the industry
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Urban Planning, Architecture, Engineering or related field of study
- 5+ years’ experience in Real Estate Development
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Through understanding and ability to navigate the municipal application process
- Strong budgeting and scheduling ability
- Superior negotiation and presentation skills